Teacher Opportunities at Kip McGrath Education Centres Scotland
Owning a Kip McGrath Franchise in Scotland
I am Margaret Carmichael, Master Franchisee for Kip McGrath Education Centres in Scotland and Franchise Owner since 1999. There are currently 28 Kip McGrath centres throughout Scotland, from Dumfries to Inverness. A few great territories are still available.
Having been a teacher for 20 years, I saw an opportunity to go into business but still be able to teach children, which has always been something I love. I am extremely proud that I have been able to help so many children reach their full potential with our English and Maths tuition programmes. I also love to see my franchisees transform into successful business people. Although assisting my Scottish franchisees is a very busy job, I still love to teach.
What it’s like to be a Franchisee in Scotland
As a Kip McGrath Franchisee in Scotland you will:
- be part of a team of like-minded teachers who have made the decision to
continue teaching, using Kip McGrath teaching methods whilst running their own business.
- have the support of your Master Franchisee.
- attend regular meetings with other Franchisees to share ideas.
- be part of joint marketing campaigns like our Scottish TV advert.
- your own webpage designed on http://www.kipmcgrath.co.uk
What support a new Franchisee can expect as part of the Scotland Franchisee Network
- Five days intensive training in Glasgow on Kip McGrath teaching methods
- how to run a business and also a successful Kip McGrath centre in Scotland.
- Assistance in locating suitable premises.
- Planning initial marketing campaign.
- Regular phone contact and centre visits to offer guidance and support.
- Joint advertising initiatives.
- Assistance with search engine optimisation and social networking from our Scotland Administrator.
What current Scottish Franchisees say:
Lillian was not enjoying retirement from teaching.
“We are now approaching the end of our third year as Kip McGrath Franchisees. We knew that we had found what we were seeking – the opportunity to continue working and earning as well as creating that balance between professional and social life.The friendship and support of other Franchisees and of Margaret Carmichael, Scotland’s Master Franchisee are invaluable. The Kip McGrath brand makes promises – and delivers: this is a system of tutoring which works and it is so
rewarding to know that we are making a difference in the lives of so many young people. It’s a great method, a great opportunity – and a great life.”Lillian and Sandy Cook, Franchisees, Perth & Dundee
Jeremy was looking for a new career“I have been operating my Kip McGrath Education Centre for over two years. It has been the best decision I have made in a long time. Not only do I thoroughly enjoy going to work everyday, but my turnover has grown steadily each year.Parents in my area know what the Kip McGrath brand stands for and almost all of my new business comes from customer referrals.”Jeremy Hemmings, KMEC Franchisee Peterhead
Pip heard about the business through a friend, visited a centre and immediately handed in her notice at the school where she was employed“Running a Kip McGrath centre is a great way forward for anyone who would like to stay involved in education, but close the door on traditional teaching.It may seem like a daunting prospect, but support and encouragement from your Master Franchisee or Franchisor is only a phone call away.”Pip Watt, KMEC Franchisee Livingston & Edinburgh South
Above all it is about children – Children Enjoy Coming!